Sunday, April 5, 2009

Stupid is as stupid does

You don't have to be too smart to restore of a Mustang, because I think that at least 90% of the job is grinding. I prepared the seat platform for the installation by grinding it for one evening. I do not believe in these stuff which kill, encapsulate or transform the rust. But this time I gave a shot for one of them. Here is the bottom of the seat platform after being treated.

And here it is after some more grinding, water-sanding and primering.


Now since I had my spray gun loaded with epoxy primer, I though that I might paint the cowl grille panel as well.


Having gone so far I thought I could paint the dash too.

And the floor...


The back seat area...

I did not feel tired and I liked my job, so I painted the hood also.


At this point my compressor was so exhousted and screaming aloud and was so hot that I thought it's oil was boiling. I felt pretty tired and I thought I would go home.

That's all I have to say about grinding.

No comments:

Post a Comment