Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter show

The FHRA American Car Show takes place every Easter. This year the theme for my visit was to decide the new colour for my convertible. It won't be Ivy Green. Neither will it be Vintage Burgundy any more. I took some pictures of the Mustangs in the show.


Left: Black ProStreet '65 FB looks great, but black wouldn't look good on a 'vert with black interior. Black coating needs an excellent straight sheet metal and base-work.
Right: Really good-looking GT350R -replica of Fred van Beuren's GT350R -race car in Sebring 12 hrs. race in 1967. A paint like that on an inline-six convertible ?


Above left: A smoking gun.
Right: '07 Shelby GT500 , white rally-stripes on blue.


Above: '67 Shelby GT500 (#02565) owned by the same (lucky) guy as the '07.


Above left: A norwegian '67 GT-390 exactly as new. What a nice colour on a straight car.
Above right: Red '69 Sportsroof. Looks as Poppy Red in the pic but was more like Rangoon Red.

Below left: The owner of this BMW is a big fan to Nicholas Cage.
Below right: Gone in 53 Seconds ?


Decision: My '65 will be bright red. That's for sure now.

But where were all the convertibles this year ?

Do I have to turn my one-day-this-will-be-my-daily-driver into a show-stopper project and correct this injustice in the show of 2010 ? Or maybe in 2011. Give me a couple of years or a decade to finish it first. I'll start tonight by patching the passenger door.

No comments:

Post a Comment