Sunday, March 29, 2009

Primering the cowl

The cowl panel required wetsanding and a couple of patches before it satisfied me enough to be primered. It seemed as it never had been covered with a good coat of paint.

After the rust was removed I pulled out my spray gun, mixed some Temacoat GPL-S Primer, hardener and thinner and took my first lesson of painting with spray gun.

I also painted the firewall which had been grinded earlier. The last coat of paint was too thick and caused some orange peel effect.

The grille panel looks better that it ever has looked after the '60s.

A detail of the coated cowl vent. Maybe I could have done better with the seam weld between the cowl vent panel and the center area, but I think this will do. The black paint looks so good that it is a shame to hide it with the cover panel.

Before closing the box I sealed the seams around the vent cylinder with body sealer. The grille panel was spot welded back and covered in order to avoid dirt to get in.

Good bye cowl vents. Hope to see You again. But not earlier than after another 44 years.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment