Friday, June 18, 2010

Back home

This morning as I left for work the sun was shining high as it does here this time of the year. My garage door faces east so I couldn't resist opening it. This is what I did see. Destiny's repainted rear sun-bathing.


Yesterday afternoon we picked her up. She was driven out from the paint booth and up on my brother's trailer and soon Lil' red riding hood is safely returned home. But isn't there something horribly wrong in the below picture ?


Yes, you noticed it. The licence plate should be NOT-66 instead of YEP-66 [JOO means YEP or YEAH in Finnish].  If you register a new car you normally get long plates with six random digits selected by a computer. They also have EU's ring of stars like in this picture.


Or you have to pay 1000 € for special plates, if the string you want is available. I think these have been paid for. I didn't want to pay that much at the time of registration. But I was able to demand 5-digit plates due to the fact that the long ones don't fit. These are not delivered by the computer. They have a small supply of free 5-digit plates in every registration station. So I had about a minute to go through and make my selection and JOO-66 was the best I could get. I might consider investing on CID-200 if I win in the lottery.

But hey, it's summer and I'm driving my Mustang convertible. No roof, no windshield and no seat. Have you ever driven a car sitting on the bare sheet metal ? Fun but be careful. You have to take good hold with your left hand on the streering column while pushing the brake pedal if you don't want to find yourself in the rear of the cabin and your car hitting wall in the garage.


So how did the paint look like now ? First of all A LOT BETTER. Not even near to perfect, drips and orange peal. But it'll do for now. First half of the summer is soon gone and from now on it's only up to me and Destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment