Monday, January 5, 2009

Quarter repair panel

Before cutting off the rusted parts of the outer wheelhouse, trunk-floor drop-off and the lower rear end of the quarter panel I test-fitted the parts. I think the best way is to install them all together. I placed the new panel on top of the old one as near to the right position as I could and used two lines of tape to mark the position. These two lines were relative to each other with a gap of 5 cm. Now I was able to cut the rust away and still be able to relocate the right position.


Then the outer wheelhouse repair panel was measured and cut.



After this followed the normal routines: drill holes, paint the ares which will be hidden, spot weld, grind down the spotwelds. Yes, I left the flange in the upper edge of the repair panel. So there will be two metals on top of each other which might catch rust.


But this will be a daily driver, won't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment