Tuesday, December 2, 2008

UFO in my garage

Due to snowy weather conditions the trip to waterblasting took two weeks. But finally you could see a shiny unidentified object flying in to my carage.



The additional support structure can be seen under the floor of the flying Mustang. The rust damages were revealed earlier. Now it was able to see all the earlier patches too.


 Driver side rear wheel well and rear frame rail after the wash. Note the patch by the Swede on the right and the beutiful design of my subframe connector.


The trunk floor drop-off is made of bondo.


This one is my favorite. The wheel flare is made of...

...NO ADMITTANCE sign ! Ford NOS-part no: C5ZZ-1234-XX
But the car was back home in my small garage in one piece. The sheet metal parts which I had ordered earlier from the local dealer were soon to arrive and at last the restoration was able to start without the risk that the fumes and smoke from burning bondo would fill the house.


 Three months had passed since I drove Mustang for the last time and the job was about to start.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that looks familiar! Not too sure if you've seen my blog, but my car was pretty rusted out when I started. Your photos have helped me a lot - next is the RH rocker then floors...
    Regards
    Chris
    http://66mustangproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, I'm glad to hear that you have found my blog useful. All help is needed with these rustbags. I must check your blog.

    ReplyDelete