Thursday, October 29, 2009

Passenger door revised

I messed up with the lower patch panel for the passenger side door. See the blog entry of this miserable moment. I ordered a new patch panel (Canadian made, excellent fit btw.) from NPD. Despite of my ugly welds, it took me one night to remove the potato field off the door and another one to fit and weld the new one and a third one to finish it.

Although mig-welding is almost as fun as chain sawing, I felt pretty frustrated redoing something while I still have enough work until the car is back in the traffic. But now the result has approved the quality control carried out by myself. Looks much better now, doesn't it.

The wide picture shows what has happened on the rear quarter panels. A friend came by and offered a helping hand with melting some lead over the sheet metal welds. Now he can proceed with right side door and front fender.


Meanwhile I think I'll concentrate on finishing the floor and installing the rear axle. Destiny still has to wait a week or two until she can burst out of the garage doorway.

No comments:

Post a Comment