Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Passenger rear wheelhouse

Maybe I was too eager to proceed and made a mistake when welding in the passenger side floorpan. The right order is 1) weld it to the inner rocker 2) then to the frame rails 3) then to torque boxes and finally to the propeller shaft tunnel. I had to detach a couple of tack welds as I did not follow this rule. Afterall the pan went in quite well. Under the rear seat is an area which was so lousy patched (by the swede ?) that I removed it and will fix later.



Then I made some space to be able to fix the frontside of the rear wheelhouse. This side required smaller patches than the driver side.




Luckily the wheel flare arch has remained and helped me to shape the new parts.


And the quarter repair panel was test-fitted and marked.


The shape may be not as round and smooth as the original, but is made of thicker material and will do it's purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment